The free option is to join the OptSus WordPress Help Desk events in Raleigh, NC. However, it's not possible for everyone to join us for these events and the events are not available all day every day. This is where the paid tutoring on this website can help you.
If you need a guide to learning WordPress, creating new posts, developing pages of content, implementing SEO, or getting started with WooCommerce - the video series included with OptSus WordPress Tutoring can help.
OptSus WordPress Tutoring Videos
This collection includes 85+ video tutorials to help you get started with WordPress. Take a look at the sections listed below, and the videos included within each section.
- The Dashboard – This is a general overview of how your dashboard works.
- The Admin Bar – How the admin bar works.
Getting To Know The Editor
- The Toolbar – An overview of the different formatting icons inside the toolbar of a page or post.
- Paste From Word – How to paste content into your page or post from a word document to without have formatting issues.
- Add A Heading – How to add a heading to your page or post.
- Add A Paragraph – How to add a paragraph in your page or post using the kitchensink toolbar.
- Edit Text – How to edit or format the text contents of your page or post.
- Hyperlinks – How to add an internal or external link to your website (3.1 style!).
- Lists – How to make a list on your page or post, and the difference between ordered lists and un-ordered lists.
- Embed Video – How to embed an video directly to your page or post.
- Distraction-Free Writing – The new distraction free writing feature.
- Revisions – The new revisions feature.
- Add New Page – How to add a new page to your WordPress site.
- Trash A Page – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Page – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- Media Library – The purpose of a Media Library, how it works and the important features.
- Add Media – How to add or upload a media file from your computer to WordPress media section
- Add New Post – This will teach you steps on how to add a new post to your WordPress site.
- Categories – Overview of the purpose of categories.
- Tags – The purpose of tags explained and how to make tags for each page or post.
- Trash A Post – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Post – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- QuickPress – How to use QuickPress.
- Add Image From Media Library – How to add an image to your page or post.
- Add Image From Computer – How to add an image from your computer to a page or post.
- Add Image From URL – How to add an image to your page for post from another website.
- Delete Image- How to delete an image from your page or post.
- Edit Image – How to edit an image whilst your inside your page or post. This includes alignment, title and more.
- Replace Image – How to replace an existing image inside your page or post.
- Image Editor – How to use the image editor and how to start editing an image.
- Rotate and Flip Images – Overview of the editing icons and other functionality that will be useful in editing an image.
- Crop and Scale Images – How to crop an image using the image editor
- Featured Image – How to use the featured image.
- Comments – Overview of the purpose of comments.
- Link Categories – How to group your links.
- Add Links – How to manage links from your website to other website.
- Edit Links – How to add and edit links on you page or post.
- Change Your Password – How to change your password.
- Add a page to a menu
- Move pages on a menu
- Add a custom link to a menu
WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Page Analysis
- Product Overview
- Add a product
- Simple Product
- Grouped Product
- External Product
- Variable Product
- Downloadable Product
- Product Categories
- Product Tags
- Shipping Classes
- Product Attributes
Google Analytics Setup
- Importance Of Digital Analytics
- Core Analysis Techniques
- Conversions And Marketing Attribution
- Creating A Measurement Plan
- How Google Analytics works
- Key Metrics And Dimensions
- Creating An Account
- Understanding Account Structure
- Setting Up Basic Filters
- Setting Up Goals
- Collecting Campaign Data
Google Analytics Reports
- Reporting Overview
- Audience Reports
- Acquisition Reports
- AdWords Reports
- Behavior Reports
- Custom Reports And Dashboards
- Goal Flow Report
- Ecommerce Reports
- Multi-Channel Funnels Reports
- Attribution Reports
- Add A New Form
- Form Editor
- Form Settings
- Form Entries
- Form Preview