Course Description Around 75 million websites are currently built with WordPress. Given the volume of websites built on this platform, this course will focus on how to get started with search
Around 75 million websites are currently built with WordPress. Given the volume of websites built on this platform, this course will focus on how to get started with search engine optimization (SEO) using WordPress. You will gain a fundamental understanding of SEO and the tools used for this type of marketing with a WordPress website.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to implement search engine optimization strategies on a WordPress site.
Attend and You Will Receive
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Students should have a basic understanding of how to use a WordPress website, install plugins, and edit content.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to implement routine search engine optimization marketing strategies on a WordPress website.
Attend And You Will Learn
- Keywords – very simple ways to identify keywords and how to use them
- URL Structure – options for a new site and how to work with an existing site, avoiding migration problems
- Categories & Tags – how and when to use them, managing migration to improve an existing site
- Site Speed, Mobile Friendliness, & User Experience – the core goals of the search engine, impact on the future of SEO
- SEO Plugins – most popular plugins to help with on-page SEO
- Data Collection – most popular tools for measuring results and developing marketing audiences
- Database Optimization, Backups, & Updates – making the business look professional online
(Monday) 9:00 am - 12:15 pm EDT
McKimmon Center For Extension and Continuing Education
NC State University Rm 200, Box 7401 Raleigh, NC 27606